Thursday, November 18, 2010

I. . . Am a Plow

*Yawn* As I start my day waking up in the field, I look around and wonder what's in store for today. Ugh, I'm probably going to be pulled by that smelly old cow again. How many beans do these farmers need to plant anyway. Their useless and they smell like the cow. I've never understood farmers, or humans in general. First of all, they talk to me (as if I would talk back-ha!), so you can tell they are a little mad. . . Second, they just leave me out here and don't even bother giving me a blanket. I mean, I know I can't talk, but show some love people. Plus, (this actually makes me jealous) they can walk in the rain and not rust!! What is this?! They just get all the luck! Pfft!

Arrg, here comes the cow and the 'human'. So now I'm just EXPECTED to do all of this work, while the farmer gets to guide the cow and chew on his wheat. Well, the work is pretty simple, I shouldn't complain; all I do is stay put. My perfect form (not to toot my own horn) is just so awesome I can just be pulled along and my work gets done. Its boring, but it gives me time to think.

The thought has come to me several times that sometimes those humans use me as a metafloor, or metapour, or something like that. The big farmer will tell the smallish farmer that he is a plow when he makes and cultivates new friendships. Or the humans on the P.V. will report that someone, somewhere is a plow to foreign places, paving the way, or something like that.

You may ask me how I know all of this. . . It could be true and I could secretly be spying on those pesky humans. Or, I can be making this all up. Well, really, what do I know? I'm just a plow. :)

1 comment:

  1. haha this was a really good and funny way to look at the prompt! :D just one edit that stood out to me: in the first paragraph you wrote their instead of they're. just that. or, you might want to extend on the idea of the plow as a metaphor. other than that, this was a really nice entry :)

    ReplyDelete