Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Banana Peel

So, a little bit about me. Hmm. . . Well, my name is Anna Hernandez. Born on the 16th of June, I am a half-Guatemalan, half-German 15-year-old who lives in Chi-town. I live in the Mckinley Park area and this is the 6th apartment/condo we have lived in since I have been alive. Whew!

I am a Sophomore at Whitney M. Young Magnet High School. I am in NJROTC and absolutely love it. It is so much fun and has become a big part of my life. I am even thinking of doing ROTC in college and going into the Navy.

I tend to be a little strange at times, just ask anyone in NJROTC. I’m shy and not very talkative at first, but as I get to know people, thats when the talking non-stop starts. I’ve also been told that I also indecisive and very analytical.

I play the guitar. . . I love it, but I don’t think I’m very good at it. Soccer, volleyball, and softball are my favorite sports to play, but I love watching America’s pastime, baseball. GO CUBBIES! I also love to swim, read, and hang with friends.

Alternative and rock are my favorite types of genres, but I listen to pretty much everything; my favorite bands are The Killers, Paramore, and MGMT.

I love absolutely everything about history and loathe math. Sometimes I’ll read my history textbook for fun. I am setting my sights to be a forensic anthropologist. Its a good combination of history (old bones) and science, which I also enjoy.

So thats just the peel of the banana, so to speak. There is many more details and characteristics underneath. Its 15 years of likes, dislikes, memories, and experiences. We’re gonna need a bigger blog! 


2 comments:

  1. Wow, nice Anna. You did really well describing yourself in that! Haha, that's you in a nutshell, or rather a banana peel. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem very interesting and well-rounded. I'm strange myself and just enjoy your telling about yourself. I cannot wait until we can interact more. Go cubs!

    ReplyDelete