Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Music Review

The Decemberists. An indie band from Portland, Oregon that formed in 2002. I haven't been, I guess you can say, a true "fan" for many years. In fact I have only recently become a fan of their music (maybe about a year ago). I discovered the band on one of my walks around I-tunes and just fell in love with the music. Their new album, even though, it is not out yet, is one on my favorites. You can listen to the new album, The King Is Dead, on the internet or on I-tunes. It is expected out on January 18, 2011, just in time for a belated New Year's present (hint, hint. . .). But, with either this album or their previous ones, you are in for a treat. They really fulfill that "indie" feel of music while adding an alternative spin on it.


Also, since its the holidays and my favorite band is The Killers, I would also like to suggest their newest holiday song, Boots. I really like this song and not only because it's alternative and not your average Christmas song, but because of its lyrics. If you listen carefully they really highlight that holiday time with family and it makes you think of all those good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment